Peter W. Ross is a partner with Browne George Ross LLP. He has tried in excess of 60 business cases, winning over 90% of them. In addition to obtaining a number of significant defense verdicts, he has won hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients on their affirmative claims.
- Complete defense verdict plus $1.3 million on cross-complaint in Playsafe v. United Medical Devices (Playboy condoms), Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. SC 113081 (2013)
- Complete defense verdict plus $3.4 million on cross-complaint in Lil’ Wayne v. QD3 Entertainment, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. EC 049512 (2012)
- $500,000 in Stop Staring! Designs v. Tatyana LLC dba Bettie Page Clothing, United States District Court Case No. 090 CV 02014 – first verdict in U.S. for infringement of website trade dress (2012)
- $60 million in Neurovision Medical Products, Inc. v. NuVasive, Inc., United States District Court Case No. 09 CV 6988 R – 6th largest intellectual property verdict in the U.S., 2010, 2nd largest in California (2010)
- $10.8 million in Brighton Collectibles v. Marc Chantal, Inc., United States District Court Case No. 06 CV 1584 H – 3rd largest intellectual property verdict in California (2009)
- $8 million in Brighton Collectibles v. Coldwater Creek, Inc., United States District Court Case No. 06 CV 1848 H (2009)
- $30.5 million in OrthoTec v. Eurosurgical, United States District Court Case No. 03 CV 8346 (2007)
- $56 million in Dahan v. L’Koral, Inc., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC 286 577 (2004)
- $9 million in OrthoTec, LLC v. Eurosurgical, S.A., Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC 276 958 (2004)
Mr. Ross regularly litigates in both state and federal court. He has successfully defended his verdicts on appeal and has procured several landmark appellate decisions, including Marketing West, Inc. v. Sanyo Fisher (USA) Corporation, 6 Cal.App.4th 603 (1992) and Weber, Lipshie & Co. v. Christian, 52 Cal.App.4th 645 (1997).
Mr. Ross is the co-author of the chapter on trade secrets in the Attorney’s Guide to the Law of Competitive Business Practices (2d ed.), published by the California Continuing Education for the Bar.
Mr. Ross has lectured on various subjects involving trademark protection and competitive business practices at seminars presented by the California Continuing Education of the Bar and the Center for Judicial Education and Research.
Business litigation – including copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade secrets, unfair business practices, contract disputes, real estate, partnership disputes, fiduciary claims and advertising issues.
- Stanford University, J.D., 1983
- Carleton College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1980